Monday, June 1, 2009

Using my Slice Machine

Just wanted to show you some cards I made over the weekend. It took me one night to make three cards - now that is really good for me. I was hankering over an idea my hubby gave to me using my slice machine. He asked me if I have used the patterns for making masks - never thought about it really but he is the one that thinks outside the square. Now I am going to show you two cards close up but the other card has a mark on it - courtesy of my daughter :)
This first card uses a circle mask. I stamped the French Script background stamp from SU! over the top in Chocolate chip. I also did some faux stitching around the circle for interest and popped on the butterfly from the Merci stamp set and coloured him in gently with the blender pen (not my best friend I am afraid). The butterfly is embossed in clear EP.

This next card i cased from HERE using the Technique Tuesday Loving Words by Ali Edwards. This is my DH's favourite as it is simple and clean.

And here is the lot together - the one on the right is the one my daughter loved a lot. I cut the circle with my slice machine and stamped the circle with the same background stamp as the first card, embossed and sponged, then stuck on the inside of the card. Some left over DSP from the last SU! catalogue backed on Purely Pomegranate cardstock is great if you dont have the appropriate ribbon. I found a button in my stash which went well with my one and only flower in my embellishment tin and voila - card finished. Thanks for looking.


michelle said...

Oh Tracy Im sorry. I have been a slack cousin. Been so busy with the big move and the newest addition. You have done some absolutely stunning stuff and i am in ore. Thanks for sharing your gorgeous creations.
Love from your cousin Shell xx

Sue said...

Love all these cards Tracy. What a great idea with the masking!Cheers, Sue

Precioso Designs said...

Hi Tracy,

Thanks for leaving a note on my blog. I really love these cards, they are so arty but modern looking...well done! I might have to case these at some stage.