Hi all :)
Saturday, May 24, 2008
Hi all :)
Tuesday, May 20, 2008
The rules are as follows:
1. Link your tagger and list these rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
4. Let them know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog .
Well, I am new to this game, being such a virgin blogger of only one month I am going to be hard pressed to pass this on. Maybe my cousin can be my guinea pig? As most people reading this blog dont know me very well, I guess I can find 7 things......but interesting? I will leave you to judge :)
Anyways, on with the answers:
1. In September 2005, I was told by a Gynaecologist that I was unable to have any more children (already had Emma who was by then 13 nearly 14)
3. In January 2008, I gave birth by caesarean to an 8lb 13oz baby girl who we named Abigail Rose
4. In January 2008, I got my tubes tied whilst having the caesarean! (I hear you laughing! I wasn't at the time believe me! lol. Never believe Gynaecologists!
5. I am extremely pedantic in my approach to anything - craft, cleaning, etc... It has to be perfect! Maybe that is why I have so much trouble creating (?)
6. I grew up in the country (West Coast of South Australia) from the age of 8 to 16. We lived in 6 different houses whilst in the country as my dad would change jobs due to different circumstances. We, at one stage, lived in a house that had an outside toilet; no working shower; we had baths), one room that we couldn't use as the middle of the floor had collapsed from being eaten out with white ants; and the kitchen sink water emptied into a bucket outside. Our only water supply came from two huge above ground rainwater tanks - we were very careful with water. We also had no television as there was no reception.
Our phone was on a 'party line' exchange which meant that we shared the telephone line with other people and in order to make a phone call, you used to have to pick up the phone to see if it was silent, then wind the handle to contact the exchange whereby they would put you through to whoever you needed to talk to. the good thing about this was that if you wanted to talk to someone on the 'party line', all you had to do was use their ring ie. a short and two longs (that was ours) - this was achieved by winding the handle at the front of the phone.
7. I have lived in 21 houses in my lifetime. I have lived away from home since the age of 15, and started being completely independent by the age of 17. Since then, I have lived in 13 different houses. By the time my first daughter was 7 (she is now 16), she had lived in 7 houses.
Well, here's the part where I have to tag 7 people. Because most of who I know on these blogs have already been tagged, I will focus all of my attention on my cousin Michelle (Shell's Stuff) who I hope will take up the challenge. Her link is: http://shell07-shell07.blogspot.com/
Thanks for reading my ramblings :)
Thursday, May 15, 2008
Monday, May 12, 2008
Hi all :)
Wednesday, May 7, 2008
I am always having trouble decorating chipboard. I try painting, inking, glueing and even colouring in with markers, to no avail. It still looks, well, like a 2 year old did it! Painting chipboard is an absolute nightmare for me as it always looks streaked. I can never get right so if anyone has any hints at all, I would appreciate the tip!
Monday, May 5, 2008
Have a great night :)
Sunday, May 4, 2008
I found that these kinds of cards tend to lean themselves towards 'using up' all your scrap pieces of patterned paper. I have tons of scrap pieces I just cannot throw out so had to buy myself an accordian folder to stick them all into. I had a lot of fun making this set so am thinking of making another set but also making a folder to stick them in with matching envelopes and giving them away as presents. What do you think?