Thursday, May 15, 2008


Hi all :)
On Kristina Werner's site (http://kwernerdesign.com/blog/) a while back was a tutorial for a card she made that involved weaving ribbon. She has these fabulous youtube videos once a week called 'make a card monday (MACM). I absolutely loved it and couldn't wait to try it out. The weaving worked out perfectly and I was happy with the result - especially using chocolate grosgrain ribbon as it gives it that 3 dimensional effect. The buttons on the side are from a pair of my daughters pants - they came with extra buttons just in case the others get lost (I have a whole stack of these). I tied the two buttons together with the cotton that also came with the buttons. I like the overall effect.
Now, after saying all of that, I do not like this card but the reason why i am showing it on my blog is to show you how the weave turned out. No matter what I chose to go with the 'embellishment' I had made, it just wasn't right, so will keep this aside until I can build up my supply of dp's (got to stop spending money on other products first!!!) and figure out what I should do. If you guys have any suggestions at all I would appreciate the help :)

2 comments:

yvonne said...

what a great feature to the card Tracy! I love this ribbon too - not sure that there is much I DONT love lol!!

Kerry said...

Hi Tracy, you had visited my blog and were kind enough to watch my video tutorial...thanks! I actually just posted another one yesterday too!

I wanted to visit your blog and tell you how awesome I think this card is. You did an awesome job wit the weaving of that ribbon. I just love how it turned out.

thanks again! looking forward to more of your creations!!

Cheers,
-Kerry