Sunday, May 4, 2008

1 x cardstock = 4 cards



Hi all,

The kids and the partner are asleep right now so I get a moment to myself (I should be sleeping but this won.....)

I decided to experiment with the sizing of my cards (as you do) and wondered how I would go making 4 cards out of 1 piece of A4 cardstock - I dont like wastage and the more you can get out of one thing, the better right? Now for some reason, the second I started cutting, the rest just flowed which for me is not normal as (according to my partner) my 'perfectionist' side tends to interrupt my creativity so to speak.
On with the cards:
Card Recipe: (All products are SU! unless specified) Stampsets: Merci, Lots of Thoughts, and French Script, Cardstock: Chocolate Chip, Ruby Red and Old Olive, watercolour paper, watercolour markers and paint brush.


I found that these kinds of cards tend to lean themselves towards 'using up' all your scrap pieces of patterned paper. I have tons of scrap pieces I just cannot throw out so had to buy myself an accordian folder to stick them all into. I had a lot of fun making this set so am thinking of making another set but also making a folder to stick them in with matching envelopes and giving them away as presents. What do you think?

No comments: