Friday, January 2, 2009

Apologies and Baby Shower favors

Well, finally! After a very up and down year (more
down's than up's) I finally get the courage to
post something new on my blog. I would presume most of you would have given up on me which I dont blame you for. Thank you for those that have stuck with me and I promise to be better...lol.

I have so many things to show you - so many things that I have had to do such as baby showers for one thing! And boxing day treats for all of our friends.

But just for now, I will show you some shoes that my mother in law and I spent a few weeks making for my sister in law's baby shower.

First of all, thank you to all of those bloggers that have made these shoes. I must have looked at every single one before attempting these! My mother in law and I were so proud of ourselves when we finished. We actually made 30 of the little sods but ended up needing only 20 shoes. We filled little tulle bags with mini M&M's, and jelly babies. It looks effective as the ties look like shoelaces. I used SU brads for the buttons and embossed every single shoe! Arghhhh. I just think I enjoy making more work for myself. Mind you, saying that, I will never use the Coordination cardstock for this kind of thing again. It is more suited for ripping and distressing than for making things with as it cracked with every fold - even though I made sure I scored every single fold.

I will try and post the baby shower invitations soon. I have to get a hold of a copy from my sister in law - can you believe I didn't even take a photo of them?

Enjoy

2 comments:

Sue Madex said...

Hi Tracy! Love those gorgeous shoes. Wow - must have been fiddly to make 30. Welcome back to blogland. Hope this years has more ups than downs. Cheers, Sue

Melissa Garland said...

Awww, they are so cute. Glad to see you blogging again.