Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Turning One


My youngest turned the big 1 on the 8th and for the first time I managed to find time to make a card for her (I still haven't made any cards for my son who is now 2 *blush* got me some catchup to do!)
Isn't it amazing how kids grow up so fast? I seem to blink and they grow - but then on the other hand, some days just go sooooo slooooow. Know what I mean?

Anyway, I did make her a card using the Pretty Princess stamp set from SU. First time I used it and it is a lovely set. My excuse was I bought it for Abby and her little friends she will make in the future. The cardstock is all SU and the ribbon is something I had in my stash. I just coloured the princess in using the watercolour markers and then used lots of crystal effects for dimension. (oh I so love that stuff!). The alphabet stickers are just left over from a birthday project for a friend. You cant see it in the picture but it has a velvet look about it. Oh and I used a purple diamante brad.
Enjoy your day.

1 comment:

Sue Madex said...

Love your daughter's birthday card. If she's anything like mine (Hannah is 6) she'll just love that set when she gets a bit older.