Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Male Birthdays are hard until..............

Hi Again!

So soon after the last posting? Shock Horror!

This is a card I made my BIL for his birthday. I haven't had a great deal of practice with male cards (try never...) but as soon as I saw this card on Alisa Tilsner's site, I had to try and replicate it using stamps I had in my stash - tend to look at cards on websites and tell myself 'I just need that stamp set to make that card!' Well, by using the Baroque Motifs set, I think I managed to achieve something equally similar. The one thing I did try to do is 'distress' the edges to give it a more 'grungy' look. I also love the effect of the sanded background stamp. So glad I got it :) I love the sponging that Alisa does on her cards. It just gives it more pop. Now I just have to replicate it again for another male birthday ;)

recipe: Baroque Motifs, Sanded Background (SU) and Robot Vol. 2 (Darkroom Door) Stamp Sets, River Rock, Wild Wasabi, Chocolate Chip and Certainly Celery CS, Wild Wasabi, Close to Cocoa and Chocolate Chip ink, vintage brads, scallop punch, distresser

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Tracy, I think this looks great, alot more masculine than mine. Well done.

:)